- Collecting Personally Identifiable Information
We define Personally Identifiable Information as individually identifiable information about an individual consumer collected online by us from that individual and maintained by us in an accessible form. Personally Identifiable Information can include: (1) A first and last name. (2) A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town. (3) An e-mail address. (4) A telephone number. (5) A social security number. (6) Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual. (7) Information concerning a user that the Website collects online from the user and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described above.
While you may use some of the functionality of the Website without registering, many of the specific tools and services on the Website require registration. We collect information that you provide to us when you register with the Website and complete your profile, or when you ask us for Services or additional information or to resolve complaints or concerns. Specifically, we may collect, store and use the following categories of Personally Identifiable Information:
- Personal information: Information which identifies you as a person, such as full name, phone number, e-mail address, or date of birth.
- Demographic information, such as location, gender, or age.
- Medical information, including but not limited to your cannabis recommendation (“Recommendation”); notes from medical examinations connected to obtaining the Recommendation; the name, license number, and contact details of the licensed health care provider (“Provider”) you select; the verification number for the Recommendation, as well its effective date and expiration; and, the details of any Services used or orders placed through the Website.
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through the Website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication).
We may use publicly available sources outside of the Company to verify or supplement the information you give us. For example, we may obtain address updates from the U.S. Postal Service or demographic information from direct marketing companies. We use this data to help us maintain accurate records and to improve the products and services that we deliver to you.
- Using Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to:
- enable your use of the Services;
- send you marketing communications, including information relating to the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, such as electronic newsletters, marketing material, special offers, promotional materials;
- process transactions or provide you with information on behalf of third parties regarding available products, services, events;
- provide customer support;
- identify your product and service preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services and promotions;
- personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- send periodic emails;
By using the Website, you accept these messages. A user may, at any time, opt out of receiving email newsletters and promotional material (See more about Opt Out below).
The Company is the sole owner of the Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Website. That’s why we don’t sell, rent, license or share any of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us with companies outside of the Company for their own promotional or marketing use without your explicit, affirmative consent.
- Disclosing Personally Identifiable Information
- The Service may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- We may offer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions (“Promotion”) through the Service that may require registration. If you participate in a Promotion, it means you agree to their official rules that govern that Promotion. If you enter such Promotion, your Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public. The reason of such disclosure can be administrative procedures of such Promotion, such as winner selection, price implementation, any other reasons described in official rules or required by law.
- User warranties
User is responsible for truthful, accurate information, which is provided to us. If the provided information is false, we may disable the user’s account.
- Tracking technologies
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a Website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Website. This type of information is collected to make the Website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website works for you.
In addition to Cookies, we use tracking technologies such as beacons, browser fingerprinting, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administering the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, to prevent fraudulent activity, to improve security or to allow you to make use of Service functionality; to assess the performance of the Service, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Service. Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your computer, or mobile or other device.
Third parties may also use Tracking Technologies in connection with our Service, which may include the collection of information about your online activities and across third-party web sites or online services. We do not control those Tracking Technologies and we are not responsible or liable for them.
We do not access or store information that you have saved on your mobile device such as contacts and appointments. However, in order to provide the Services, the Website may interact with some features on your mobile device, such as your GPS locator. In such case, we will ask for your consent with respect to identifying your location.
- Do not track mechanism
We do not track our Customers /Users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, different browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
- Third party’s Websites
Our Service may facilitate interaction between the Service and your account on a third-party website and/or application, such as a Provider, a medical cannabis delivery service website, or a medical cannabis collective website. The third-party operator may be involved by providing certain Personally Identifiable Information to us. We may provide third-party site interfaces or links on the Website or Service to facilitate your sending a communication from there. We use and collect this information in accordance with this PP.
- Information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from any third parties, including, but not limited to a medical cannabis collective’s website, users of the Service, affiliates and other, that we consider relevant to your use of the Service. We collect and use this information as Personal information at our sole discretion.
- Information about location
In order to verify your location, provide relevant data based on location, share it with service providers, we may use location based services to determine your location. After you give us permission, we will provide third parties (who we work with) access to your location information.
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Compliance
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our service requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 other than minor children receiving the service through registration by their parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13 then you may not use or access our website or services at any time or in any manner. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at privacy@Equorx.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Compliance
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is federal legislation that created national standards to protect the privacy of patients’ medical records and other personal health information. HIPAA Safeguards: The HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule establish standards to protect the privacy and security individuals’ medical records and other personal health information. We implement appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy and security of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization.
- Security of Personally Identifiable Information
12.1 We use reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards consistent with standard industry practice to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personally Identifiable Information. These include the safeguards noted below.
12.2 We will store all the Personally Identifiable Information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
12.3 Confidentiality: We restrict access to Personally Identifiable Information collected about you on the Website to select employees, licensees, consultants, service providers, or others who need to know that information to provide services to you or in the course of conducting our normal business operations. We also advise them about their responsibility to protect Customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our company’s business ethics standards and confidentiality policies. If you are a former customer, we protect your information in the same manner that we treat information about our current customers.
12.4 Password: To provide you with an increased level of security, we utilize password security measures. Online access to your Personally Identifiable Information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls, or email messages).
12.5 Encryption: When you interact on the Website, your Personally Identifiable Information is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information before transmitting it to our secure server. Encryption is the translation of data into a secret code. Once the data resides on our servers, the data remains encrypted. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our web site from capturing and viewing your Personally Identifiable Information.
12.6 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
13.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on the Website.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the Personally Identifiable Information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Please contact Customer Service for detailed instructions and assistance.
- Links to other Websites
You may encounter links to other Web sites of service providers not directly affiliated with us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the information practices of external service providers. We recommend you review the privacy statements of each external websites that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
- Opt Out
- Visitors of Website from Outside the United States
The Company is governed by the laws of the United States of America. By using the Website and submitting any Personally Identifiable Information, visitors from outside the United States acknowledge that the Website is subject to U.S. law, consent to the transfer of Personally Identifiable Information to the U.S., and waive any claims that may arise under their own jurisdiction.
Equorx Inc., a California C corporation